It is time to take your open-water swimming to a higher level! This elegant women’s Powerskin Storm wetsuit is the latest development on arena's popular Carbon wetsuit and is the result of 50 years’ of research into hydrodynamics. It was designed by athletes for athletes to guarantee perfect buoyancy combined with the utmost comfort, flexibility, and heat insulation.
arena's Storm wetsuit is made of 100% limestone Yamamoto SCS neoprene, a type of neoprene made from oil with reduced environmental impact. The different thicknesses of neoprene ensure maximum freedom of movement when swimming and optimum buoyancy. arena carbon fibre technology incorporated in the wetsuit keeps your body in an ideal position in the water, while the new neckline is designed to provide maximum comfort and no chafing. The special double-layer construction on the forearms allows a more efficient catch phase during the arm stroke and better sensations in the water. Thanks to the thinner and highly elastic neoprene around the wrists and ankles you can put on and take off the wetsuit quickly.
This women’s swimsuit has been approved for FINA, ITU, Ironman and USAT races.
- SUPERIOR BUOYANCY, UNIMPEDED RANGE OF MOTION: Airlock and Carbon Fiber technology combine to create superior buoyancy and flexibility, with efficient core support.
- ADVANCED DESIGN FEATURES: A new neckline to prevent chafing, stretchy Yamamoto neoprene for quick exits, and a waterfeel panel that allows for greater feeling of the water during the catch and pull phase of the stroke.
- ENHANCED GLIDE: Reduced drag thanks to a Nano SCS coating which provides a greater glide through the water.
- ECO-FRIENDLY NEOPRENE: Eco-friendly Limestone neoprene for a high-quality durable construction that is enhanced with a waterproof finishing.
- APPROVED BY THE MOST RENOWNED FEDERATIONS: Dedicated compliance to the standards of all world-renowned federations: FINA, World Triathlon (ITU), Ironman, USAT, and all other local federations adhering to World Triathlon and FINA rules.
The new range of arena wetsuits combines world-class hi-tech materials with unique patterns, allowing for improved support, together with unprecedented fit and comfort.
1 Super thin and stretchy neoprene across the shoulders and arms to provide maximum freedom of movement.
2 By mixing different thickness of neoprene we provide an optimum buoyancy profile across the body.
3 Yamamoto neoprene is internally laminated with arena’s proprietary carbon bands technology fabric in the core area.
4 Low profile super soft neckline for maximum comfort.
5 Reduced thickness on arms and legs cuff/openings for a faster exit and entry.
1.5 mm - Yamamoto #39 and #40.
3.0 mm - Yamamoto #39.
4.0 mm - arena trilayer with air trapping technology for max buoyancy and flexibility.
arena Powerskin STORM wetsuits are made entirely with Yamamoto Limestone neoprene, a durable, lightweight and high-performance material. This neoprene has a cell penetration of over 93%, which means that there are 30% more air bubbles inside our rubber than those of competing brands. This neoprene (unique to arena) creates an impermeable construction that has higher levels of buoyancy and durability.
The fabric also has an extremely low water absorption rate, allowing the weight of the neoprene to remain nearly identical in wet and dry conditions. This provides added warmth and flexibility in comparison to other wetsuits which are thicker and more weighed down.
Panels of neoprene in varying thicknesses are strategically placed on the suit to expertly produce the optimal balance between flexibility and buoyancy, without sacrificing durability.
Size & Fit
Getting into any dry wetsuit is a challenge. Once you get zipped in, ask yourself these questions:
- Is there extra room in your knees, shoulders, or torso?
- Is lifting your head over your arms and moving your shoulders difficult?
- Is it difficult to crouch down and move your arms?
If the answer to one or more of these questions is yes, then your wetsuit is not a good fit. Should feel like a second skin but not restrict movement.
In order to ensure that your product provides you with the best possible performance for a long time to come, we recommend you take the following precautions:
- Rinse immediately after use, in non-chlorinated water;
- Do not leave the wet swimsuit in a bag or other container for a long time;
- Do not expose the wet swimsuit in a bag or other container to direct sunlight;
- Wash with detergents suitable for delicate clothes;
- Air-dry hung up and away from heat sources.
Follow the washing instructions given on your product label. The label provides useful symbols giving information on how to take best care of it.